Thursday, December 24, 2009

Amnesty

We went to a posada last night in Puebla and met some people from San Antonio. The guy (I didn't catch his name) has been in San Antonio for about 25 years and was lucky enough to get amnesty back when Regan did it. Cool. Super cool....for him. When I meet people like this...people with papers...I cannot help but be jealous. Why? Why can't I just be happy for them? Why am I tinged with jealousy? Their situation is not ours, but I cannot help but compare situations. It's apples and oranges my friends!

People say everything happens for a reason. I like to think that. But sometimes (like during the holidays) I am sad.

Sad that Gabby cannot be with my family in Utah playing in the snow, enjoying traditions that I enjoyed growing up. Sad that Enrique and I have had to sacrifice and are both unhappy with living in Mexico.

I want to be optimistic. I want to like our time here and take advantage of it. But today I'm sad. I'm gonna go with it and not try to pretend that I'm not sad today....on Christmas Eve.

No comments:

Post a Comment